Mission and Values
Intensive Specialty Hospital’s mission is to provide patients and their loved ones with professional, compassionate care in an environment conducive to healing.
We proudly adhere to our Code of Conduct when working with patients and their families, as well as physicians, colleagues, and members of our community. At Intensive Specialty, we are committed to providing quality care to our patients while observing the highest standards of legal and ethical conduct. In addition, we comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Intensive Specialty’s vision is to fulfill our mission by being the best Long-Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital in the industry.
We believe the foundation of quality patient care lies in our resolution to carry out our mission. This is reflected in our patient-centered approach and how we treat each patient as if they were a member of our own family. Our philosophy is:
- Understanding that family and loved ones are an essential part of healing during the recovery process, by providing extended visitation hours and accommodations
- Utilizing an interdisciplinary approach which includes engaging the patient, families, physicians, nurses, and other hospital staff, in the patient’s treatment plan from admission to discharge
- Providing care in a safe, timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Recognizing each patient’s needs as well as their families, to create a hospital environment they can thrive in
- Empowering our healthcare team and recognizing them as the backbone of ISH
- Creating a sense of civic duty among our team and becoming a pillar in the community we serve
Intensive Specialty Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation or age in the administration of its employment or patient admissions.